Sunday, September 23, 2012

Flip Flops Need Pretty Toes

Flip Flops do need pretty toes.  I try to keep mine looking good, especially in the spring and summer, but sometimes it is hard to find the time for proper upkeep.  My problem is probably that I like short toenails.  I cut mine too often and it messes up the paint.  I cut them yesterday, and now I feel I need a pedicure more than ever.  I probably won't have time to get one any time soon, and I never remember to just paint them myself.  I have three girls - we have tons of paint polish (as they call it) around the house. 

While I think flip flops need pretty toes, I'm not so vain that I wont' wear them because my toes don't look perfect.  I think it's funny that you can see Harley's feet too, although he does not go without shoes and socks - ever!  He is kicked back in his recliner.

Here are some other pictures I've taken recently.  I've probably shared some of them on Instagram.
Halsey's BFF Rayleigh pulling on one of her loose teeth.  Halsey has pulled every one of the teeth she has lost.  She somehow gets them out sooner than they should be probably because there is usually lots of blood involved.

 We recently bought Hayleigh a horse.  His name is Cody.  She has always wanted a horse.  She has been taking riding lessons for almost a year now, and still has some things to learn and some confidence to grow, but she does pretty good. 
 This is Hayleigh and Haddon waiting for gymnastics to start. 


 I think I have talked about our baby bull calves.  We have six Holstein bull calves that we got from a friends dairy.  They are so cute and sweet, but they require lots of attention.  Harley gets up at 5 am every morning to milk the nurse cow and then he feeds the calves the milk in buckets.  Then, he does the same thing over again when he gets home from work.

I have had a couple of turns milking, although I have mostly just played with the babies.  The girls love them too.  They are wild when they are hungry.  They will suck on anything - legs, clothes, elbows, whatever they can get a hold of. 

 Took these pictures on Saturday as we had a lazy afternoon.  The girls had spent the night with Harley's parents because it was our 16th Anniversary.  They were pooped and we just lounged around and watched a movie.  Halsey got on Photo Booth and took several funny pictures. 

I took this picture on the way to church this morning.  The sunrise was so pretty.  The power lines kind of get in the way, but it is still pretty. 

Well, that's all for now.  We have a very busy week this week.  Like most of my teacher friends, we have parent teacher conferences this week on Tuesday and Thursday.  I have a workshop in Tulsa on Wednesday, gymnastics, 4H, the list goes on.  On top of all that, Harley is in a class for several weeks that meets every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night until 9:30 and every Saturday from 8 to 5:30.  Guess who will be getting more practice milking the cow?  This girl! 

Hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy reading! I noticed my toenails are getting long too but I don't want to mess up my last pedicure because who knows when I can get another one...

    ReplyDelete