Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Most People Don't Square Dance in Flip Flops

We have made it through another Labor Day Weekend in Prairie Grove.  The Clothesline Fair is kind of a big deal around here.  It is one of my most favorite things about being from Prairie Grove.  I have tons of great memories that surround this weekend - square dancing, craft booths, family, sweating, working, etc.  I also love that my girls are becoming part of this tradition.

While I love the weekend and the memories I also love when it is over.  It is such a great feeling to be done with it for another year.  It's like checking something off the list.  The girls are already asking when they can square dance again.  I hope they always want to do it.  Hayleigh finished her 5th year of dancing and Halsey her 4th.  Next year I hope to find a group for Haddon.   The thought of three girls, three groups, three practices a week, three dresses, three shoes, three can cans can be a bit overwhelming.   I would never not let them do it if they wanted to just because I didn't want to mess with it.  For me, it's worth it and I try not to complain too much about it because I deep down I do really love it.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend! 

Haddon enjoyed the snow cones!

Halsey and Hayleigh during the parade - they enjoyed throwing candy!

Haddon after the parade - she had a sucker and two handfuls of Tooty Rolls (as she calls them)
 Halsey and Ropers and Ribbons
 Hayleigh with the Sooie Swingers
I enjoyed a snow cone or two myself :)

It was great fun!  We enjoyed our extra day off - the Clothesline Fair Recovery Day - and we are back in the swing of things.  It's the long haul until Thanksgiving break at this point.  Time is going to fly by I'm sure.  Hopefully I will post again soon....but I can't make any promises!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. We missed you on Sunday but kind of guessed where you were. :) Looks like a wonderful family weekend of traditions!

    ReplyDelete