Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Little Debbie Doesn't Wear Flip Flops

First off I want to thank everyone for the support I received last week after my last blog post. The texts, private messages, emails, etc. mean so much to me and I know that I am not alone in my struggle to be healthier.

Harley and I started the day after by 39th birthday doing a low carb diet. We've done it before, but this time has been easier for both of us for some reason. There is lots of planning and preparation involved, but that has been fairly easy as well. I am finding that I have more energy at night to prepare things for the next few days. I have been trying lots of recipes - there are a ton out there, some really good...and some not so much. Pinterest has been a huge resource for me.  Here is a link to my Low Carb Board - http://pinterest.com/mhunt92/low-carb/

I had a major success where Little Debbie is concerned....hence the inspiration for the post title. I was alone, a couple of different times, with an open package of Oatmeal Cream Pies. I did not have one! That is big for me because normally I probably would have had three or four, especially if no one was around to witness. I am a classic closet eater, but honestly I didn't even consider having one. I'm actually really proud of myself this week. I haven't been able to say that in a long time.   I have also resisted the wonderful chocolate chip cookies that the lunch ladies at the middle school leave in all the break rooms!

 Here is my progress so far:


That's 5 lbs down!  Sure I know it's probably mostly water weight, but hey, it's a start!  That is 5 pounds I hope I never see again.  As you can see from the other jar I have a lot more to go!  I hope I can stay motivated and keep going!

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. You are off to a good start! I don't know if you have seen MyFitnessPal (app and on the computer) but it was so good for me to see (in calories) what I was eating. Of course, this time of year at school is tough. Brunches and treats all of the time...

    ReplyDelete